The Jubilee Concert
by The Lauragais Choir
Opening of the « Journées Européennes du Patrimoine »
80 choristers and 4 professional solists directed by William Hedley and accompanied on piano by by Marc Chiron
The Lauragais Choir has been performing a répertoire of demanding classical music for over fifty years. They have performed renowned works dating from the 17th century to the present day : Haendel’s Messiah; Haydn’s Creation; Mozart’s Requiem; Fauré’s Requiem; Puccini’s Messa de Gloria; sacred work by Durefley …..
Since 1992 William Hedley has been directing this vocal ensemble of eighty choristers in a manner that is flexible yet precise, and with patience but meticulous attention to musical detail.
The Lauragais Choir has chosen Caunes Abbey to present their fiftieth anniversary concert, an anthology of their greatest interpretations.
this evening's wine partner, from 7p.m
The château, which converted to organic farming in 2012, is located 30 minutes from the Cité of Carcassonne en route to the Cathar castles and the caves of Limousis and Cabrespine.
- Bagel with taramasalata mousse and dill marinaded prawns.
- Mussels with escabèche sauce.
- Toast with egg mayonnaise and chives.
- Mini toast with foie gras, Espelette pepper and muscat jelly.
- Salad of baby leaves with fried onion and toasted flaked almonds.
- Rabbit and pistachio terrine.
- Gingerbread mille-feuille with roquefort.
- Pear and caramel délice with salted caramel sauce.